So, lately I've been working on acting more like a guy... Let me explain. You see, I have been listening to these relationship tapes that have really struck a chord in me. Also, I saw the movie He's Just Not That Into You on the same day that I began the tapes. All of these have made me think that I need to change my dating style. Soooo, I'm trying to act more like a guy in the dating area of my life. You know--like actually "date" instead of doing the women thing of "forming relationships" with men that have no real attachment to me. I mean, let's be honest--How many of my guy friends can I fall in love with without them liking me back "in that way" before I get it? So far, dating like a "guy" has been fairly successful and rather enjoyable. I like dating, and it definitely takes the pressure off when I'm not expecting a boyfriend, eternal marriage, and kids after he takes me out the first time.
So, this leads me to last night. I went to a big singles' gathering, and I was having tons of fun. I was working the room a little bit, and enjoying myself immensely. I talked with lots of guys, and definitely got hit on. I made new friends (guy and girl) and formed tentative future plans with a few without being over-bearing. You think I would have left feeling pretty good. The only problem is that somehow I got talked into making a guy cookies. Somehow I got caught in one of those single man traps! How did he do it? How did he throw off my non-attachment, come and get me energy and talk me into making him cookies? The worst part is that I'm pretty sure that it was my fault and that I totally set myself up for this. Where was my "inner guy?!" My girl instinct totally kicked out the "guy" and took over.
Once again, like many a good female, I've been committed to give something to a man without him doing much in return. And as one of my favorite religion teachers always said "why would any guy buy the cow if he can get the milk for free?"
Nervous and Excited
10 years ago

5 comments:
You're funny! Make sugar cookies and make the guy frost them with you!
Make the cookies - insist they are the dessert for the dinner that he will provide - restaurant, home made - his choice.
Boys! ALWAYS remember Rule 31, my dear daughter!
Oops, that is rule #1. it is late and I need to go nighty nite!
You're hilarious, Jamie. Have you made the cookies yet?
I swear that happens more often than not. I too started to put myself out there...it's fun, but I don't like all the games...Love your guts!
Post a Comment