Monday, March 9, 2009

Jamie's Life Lessons...Reality Show Style

So, my birthday is tomorrow, and I'm musing on the many things that I've learned this past year. But the question is, what was the most important thing I learned this year? If this was a reality show, I would just list the top 12 (or 13) things and then I'd let you vote on which was number 1. Hmm, I kind of like that idea...

I like it so much that I'm going to do it! That's right! So here are the rules, 1) read; 2) comment with your vote; 3) remember that I love you!

Here it goes.
Jamie's Life Lessons during her 27th (or something like that) year:

1. It's possible to date like a guy while still being a feminine lady
2. I'm dang good at what I do, and I have no reason to be afraid of working with my peers
3. Guitar Hero World Tour is a lot of fun to play, but gets lame when there are a bunch of guys that take over the game controls
4. Substitute Motherhood is way more difficult and rewarding than anything else I've ever done
5. I can play the piano and conduct a band for a 60 minute rock musical with only a few days notice
6. Boker Tov means "Good Morning" and Lila Tov means "Good Evening"-- and I need to learn Hebrew
7. I really love working in education and really hate working in marketing
8. People sell/buy a pair of jeans for over $200
9. In order to increase my income, I need to start performing again
10. The professional theatre world is like a Disney ride--it's a small, small world
11. I am neither a republican nor a democrat. I am an American
12. It can rain, snow, and be warm & sunny all within the same week in NYC
13. I can get even pastier (whiter and paler) than I already was, but I still tan very well
14. The Lord is keenly aware of me and regularly performs miracles in my life
Some friends threw me an early Birthday Party on Sunday.
I love you all! May the Lord bless you and keep you!

4 comments:

McDonald's Funny Farm said...

It is now officially 2.5 hours until your real birthday - 5:47 am California time. I am wide awake and thinking of you...love you so much my oldest baby!

Now for the list, hmmmm, according to Mom the top of the list is Entry #14. Then there is #2, #7, #4 and #9/10 tie.

I love you, adore you, miss you terribly. Happy, happy birthday darling child of mine! You can NOW open your presents I sent!

Love, Mom

Katey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Do I still have to call you?? JK! I vote for #1 and #9! Yeah! Wooh!

Steph said...

I'd have to go with #14. And, just so you know, I think you're a miracle! You're amazing. Happy Birthday. One of these years it would be so fun to live close enough to get together once in a while.

Anonymous said...

I vote for 14 and 1! :)
I hope you had a fantastic birthday cousin!! Love you.